1. It will help stir conversations and people’s thinking about the transiency of wealth and earthly possessions.
2. It shows people their own fragility and the utter lack of control they have over their own lives.
3. It could help to create community around economic issues, providing a touchpoint for entering peoples’ lives.
4. It could create more time margin in peoples’ lives.
5. It will help churches (and Christians individually) to grow in reliance upon God alone for provision.
6. It illustrates the ultimate impotency of human systems to save anyone.